- You must contact the Heritage Expert and arrange the date, time and duration of the visit in advance of making the booking
- Once a date has been agreed please book the visit through the Heritage Council's online booking system located here.
Failure to book in advance, may result in the visit not being subsidised by the Heritage Council.
- Schools must pay their fee directly to the Heritage Expert after each visit. The balance of fees and travel costs are covered
by the Heritage Council.
- Plan the content of the visit with the Heritage Expert and decide what preparation must be undertaken by the expert, the
teacher and the pupils prior to the visit.
- A short online evaluation form must be completed after each visit.
- The number of children participating in a visit by a Heritage Expert should not exceed 30.
- The teacher must remain with the class and the Heritage Expert at all times during the visit.
- The Heritage Expert is not expected to supervise pupils alone, or to visit for longer than the agreed time.
- Bookings can only be made for the current calendar year